on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Mighill family come from? What is the English Mighill family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mighill family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mighill family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mighill, Mihil, Mial, Mighell, Miggel, Miggle and many more.
First found in Suffolk where the family was anciently seated. The first on record was John Miggel, recorded with lands in Suffolk in 1327 and in the same year Richard Mighell was found in Essex.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mighill research. Another 210 words(15 lines of text) covering the year 1598 is included under the topic Early Mighill History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mighill Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Mighill family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 120 words(9 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mighill Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Ann Mighill, who arrived in Virginia in 1619
- Ann Mighill, who landed in Virginia in 1619
- Thomas Mighill, who landed in Rowley, Massachusetts in 1640
- Thomas Mighill, who settled in Rowley Massachusetts in 1640
Mighill Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John and William Mighill or Mighell, who settled in Mobile, Alabama in 1840
- William E Mighill, aged 30, arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1847
- John Mighill, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1853
Mighill Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Edward Mighill arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Harpley" in 1849
- Philip Mighill arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Harpley" in 1849
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Mighill Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mighill Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 October 2010 at 12:19.
on orders of $85 or more