Messick History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Messick family
The surname Messick was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where this eminent family has held a family seat since very early times.
Early History of the Messick family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Messick research. Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1191, 1240, 1255, 1458, 1511, 1536, 1646, 1705, and 1781 are included under the topic Early Messick History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Messick Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Messey, Messeys, Messie, Messies, Messee, Messier, Mesey, Meseys, Mesie, Mesies, Mesee, de Messey and many more.
Early Notables of the Messick family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Messick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Messick is the 6,742nd most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
| Messick migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Messick Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edwardo Messick, aged 42, who arrived in America, in 1894
Messick Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Milton S. Messick, aged 44, who arrived in America, in 1904
- Mrs. F.T. Messick, who arrived in America, in 1907
- Samuel Messick, aged 28, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1907
- L. Frank Messick, who arrived in America, in 1907
- George Andrew Messick, who arrived in America, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Messick (post 1700) ||+|
- Jill Sobel Messick (1967-2018), American film producer, known fort Masterminds (2016), Bad Judge (2014-2015) and Baby Mama (2008)
- Ruth Ann Messick, American Democratic Party politician, Presidential Elector for Delaware, 2000
- Ray B. Messick, American politician, Mayor of Goshen, Indiana, 1956-59
- Lena N. Messick, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Delaware, 1928
- J. B. Messick, American politician, Mayor of Baker City, Oregon, 1929, 1935-37
- Charles Edward Messick, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for West Virginia State House of Delegates 49th District, 2010
- Samuel J. Messick III (1931-1998), American psychologist professor
- Dalia Messick (1906-2005), American comic strip artist who used the pseudonym Dale Messick, creator of Brenda Starr
- Donald Earl "Don" Messick (1926-1997), American voice actor best known for his work for Hanna-Barbera, specifically his voices for Scooby-Doo, Bamm-Bamm Rubble and Hoppy in The Flintstones
- John Decatur Messick (1897-1993), American academic, 5th President of the East Carolina Teachers College (1947-1959)