Mery History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mery family
The surname Mery was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this family was established in early times.
Early History of the Mery family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mery research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1250, 1645, 1715, 1675, 1707, 1838 and 1912 are included under the topic Early Mery History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mery Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Demers, Demere, Demerre, Demery, Demerey, Demerais, Demeret, Demerez, Lemers, Lemere, Lemerre, Lemery, Lemerey, Lemerais, Lemeret, Lemerez, Desmery, Démery, Lesmery, Lémery, Lamer, Lamers, Lamere, Lamerre, Lamery, Lamerais, Lameret, Merre, Mérais, Méret, Mérey, Méry, Merrée, Mériaux, Mériau, Mériel, Mériet, Méric, Mérigon, Mérigot, Mériguet, Mérigeau and many more.
Early Notables of the Mery family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family in this period was Huon de Méry ( fl. 1200-1250), French author of "Li Tournoiemenz Anticrit" or in English "The Tournament of the Antichrist"), a 3,546-line Old...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mery Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Mery is the 1,157th most popular surname with an estimated 4,753 people with that name. 
Mery migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mery Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Mery, who landed in Maryland in 1678 
Contemporary Notables of the name Mery (post 1700) +
- Fred J. Mery (1876-1949), American Republican politician, Mayor of Toledo, Ohio, 1926-27
- Joseph Méry (1797-1866), French writer
- Tomas Méry (b. 1990), Slovak professional ice hockey player
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)