Medel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Medel family
The surname Medel was first found in Northampton where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire.
Early History of the Medel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Medel research. Another 129 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1455, 1487, 1510, and 1600 are included under the topic Early Medel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Medel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Maydwell, Maidwell, Maidell, Maydell, Maidenwell, Maydenwell, Maidenwall, Maydwall, Maydall, Maidall, Medwell, Madell, Medell, Meadwell and many more.
Early Notables of the Medel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Medel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Medel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Medel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Medel, who landed in America in 1817 
- Braulio Medel, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1851 
- Jan Medel, aged 15, who settled in America, in 1892
Contemporary Notables of the name Medel (post 1700) +
- Youcef Sabri Medel (b. 1996), Algerian two-time gold medalist badminton player
- Alonso Ignacio Medel Araya, Chilean badminton player; he won the Chile International tournament in 2016
- Lorenzo Bueno Medel (b. 1995), Filipino pianist from Manilla
- Elena Medel (b. 1985), Spanish poet from Córdoba
- Manuel Medel (1906-1997), Mexican film actor and comedian
- Marco Antonio Medel de la Fuente (b. 1989), Chilean footballer who plays as a midfielder for the Santiago Wanderers
- José "Joe" Medel (1938-2001), Mexican boxer in the Featherweight division who in 108 fights has had 69 wins
- Gary Alexis Medel Soto (b. 1987), Chilean football player
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)