McWade History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The original Gaelic form of McWade was Mac Uaid, which means son of Wat.
Early Origins of the McWade family
The surname McWade was first found in County Monaghan
(Irish: Muineachán) located in the Northern part of the Republic of Ireland
in the province of Ulster.
Early History of the McWade family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McWade research.Another 129 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 175 and 1750 are included under the topic Early McWade History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McWade Spelling Variations
The recording of names in Ireland
in the Middle Ages was an inconsistent endeavor at best. The many regional dialects and the predominate illiteracy would have made common surnames appear unrelated to the scribes of the period. Research into the name McWade revealed spelling variations
, including McQuaid, McQuade, McWade, McQuid, McQuoid, McQuaide and many more.
Early Notables of the McWade family (pre 1700)
Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early McWade Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the McWade family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McWade Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Danl McWade, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1749
Contemporary Notables of the name McWade (post 1700)
- Margaret McWade (1871-1956), born Margaret May Fish, an American stage and film actress, wife of Edward McWade
- Robert McWade Sr. (1835-1913), American actor and father to Robert McWade and Edward McWade
- Robert McWade (1872-1938), American stage and film actor who appeared in at least 38 Broadway productions and in 83 films between 1924 and 1938, younger brother of Edward McWade
- Edward McWade (1865-1943), American writer, stage actor and film actor
- Charlie McWade (b. 1974), American television and film actor, best known for his role in the television series Third Watch as NYPD Officer Steve Gusler
- Robert M. McWade, American politician, U.S. Consul in Canton, 1903 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
McWade Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!