McHendry History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Picts were the ancient Scottish tribe where the ancestors of the McHendry family lived. The name McHendry comes from the personal name Henry.
Early Origins of the McHendry family
The surname McHendry was first found in Fife, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the McHendry family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McHendry research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1183, 1282, 1700, 1685 and are included under the topic Early McHendry History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McHendry Spelling Variations
Before the first dictionaries appeared in the last few hundred years, scribes spelled according to sound. spelling variations are common among Scottish names. McHendry has been spelled Hendry, Hendrie, MacHendry, MacHendrick, MacKendrick and many more.
Early Notables of the McHendry family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early McHendry Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the McHendry family to Ireland
Some of the McHendry family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 76 words (5 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McHendry migration to the United States
In those unstable times, many had no choice but to leave their beloved homelands. Sickness and poverty hounded travelers to North America, but those who made it were welcomed with land and opportunity. These settlers gave the young nations of Canada and the United States a strong backbone as they stood up for their beliefs as United Empire Loyalists and in the American War of Independence. In this century, the ancestors of these brave Scots have begun to recover their illustrious heritage through Clan societies and other heritage organizations. Early passenger and immigration lists reveal many Scottish settlers bearing the name McHendry:
McHendry Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Bridget McHendry, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1746 
Contemporary Notables of the name McHendry (post 1700)
- George A. McHendry, American Republican politician, Chair of Hancock County Republican Party, 1945-50 
- Mrs. Lynette Valerie McHendry M.B.E.,, British Fundraiser and Educator for Inflammatory Breast Cancer, was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire on 8th June 2018, for services to Women in the UK with Breast Cancer 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62310, 4 July 2019 | London Gazette, The Gazette, June 2018, https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/62310/supplement/B1