McGlathery History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname McGlathery is related to the original Irish Mac Gleadra and O Gleadra. The name is listed as both in the Tribes and Customs of the Hy Many, and such the surname can be found with either the "O" prefix or the "Mac" prefix.
Early Origins of the McGlathery family
The surname McGlathery was first found in the ancient territory of Hy Many (Ui Maine,) in what is now County Galway (Irish: Gaillimh) part of the province of Connacht, located on the west coast of the Island. The family migrated from Connacht northward into Donegal, and then into other parts of Ulster.
Important Dates for the McGlathery family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McGlathery research. Another 43 words (3 lines of text) covering the year 1664 is included under the topic Early McGlathery History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McGlathery Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gladdery, MacGladdery, MacGladery, MacGlade, McGlade, McGladdery, MacGlathery, Mac Gleadra, O Gleadra and many more.
Early Notables of the McGlathery family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early McGlathery Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McGlathery migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McGlathery Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Robert McGlathery and his son William, who settled in New England in 1752
- Robert McGlathery, who landed in New England in 1752 
Contemporary Notables of the name McGlathery (post 1700)
- Grant R. McGlathery, American politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from Montgomery County, 1901-02 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html