McGlade History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname McGlade is related to the original Irish Mac Gleadra and O Gleadra. The name is listed as both in the Tribes and Customs of the Hy Many, and such the surname can be found with either the "O" prefix or the "Mac" prefix.
Early Origins of the McGlade family
The surname McGlade was first found in the ancient territory of Hy Many (Ui Maine,) in what is now County Galway (Irish: Gaillimh) part of the province of Connacht, located on the west coast of the Island. The family migrated from Connacht northward into Donegal, and then into other parts of Ulster.
Early History of the McGlade family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our McGlade research. Another 43 words (3 lines of text) covering the year 1664 is included under the topic Early McGlade History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
McGlade Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gladdery, MacGladdery, MacGladery, MacGlade, McGlade, McGladdery, MacGlathery, Mac Gleadra, O Gleadra and many more.
Early Notables of the McGlade family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early McGlade Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name McGlade is the 17,662nd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| McGlade migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
McGlade Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas McGlade, who was listed as a British alien in New York, NY during the War of 1812
- Thomas McGlade, aged 46, who arrived in New York in 1812 
- Patrick and Ann McGlade, who arrived in Baltimore in 1829
|Contemporary Notables of the name McGlade (post 1700) ||+|
- Arleen McGlade, American producer, known for Matt Shepard Is a Friend of Mine (2014), Happy Jail (2019) and Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench (2009)
- Ryan McGlade, American editor, known for Hoss (2020), Human Resources (2017) and Buddymovie (2022)
- Agnes Teresa McGlade (1880-1959), birth name of Una O'Connor, an Irish-born American actress who worked in theatre before becoming a character actress in film and in television
- Colm McGlade, Irish actor, known for The Bright Side (2020) and Striking Out (2017)
- Martin McGlade, British actor, known for V for Vendetta (2005), 55 Degrees North (2004) and Bugs (1995)
- Jacqueline Myriam McGlade (b. 1955), British-born, Canadian marine biologist and environmental informatics professor
- Christine Moya McGlade (b. 1963), Canadian digital designer, strategist, executive, lecturer, former television producer
- Jacqueline M. McGlade, British marine biologist and environmental informatics professor
- Hannah McGlade CF (b. 1969), Australian academic, human rights advocate and lawyer
- Katherine McGlade Marko, author of history books for children
|Historic Events for the McGlade family ||+|
- Mr. George Mcglade, English Seaman from Liverpool, England, who worked aboard the RMS Lusitania (1915) and died in the sinking 
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Lusitania Passenger List - The Lusitania Resource. (Retrieved 2014, March 7) . Retrieved from http://www.rmslusitania.info/lusitania-passenger-list/