on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French Mauk family come from? What is the French Mauk family crest and coat of arms? When did the Mauk family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Mauk family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Melgueil, Melgueille, Melgueils, Melgueilles, Melgeil, Melgiel, Milgueil, Maugio, Milguiel, Le Melgueil, Lemelgueil, Demelgueil, Meulgeil, Melger, Melguerre, Millger, de Melgueil, du Melgueil and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where this distinguished family has been traced from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mauk research. Another 191 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1055 and 1120 are included under the topic Early Mauk History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Mauk Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Wilhelm Melger settled in Philadelphia in 1754; Frederick Millgar settled in Philadelphia in 1753.
- William Mauk Jr., American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Florida, 1996
- Susan Mauk, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Idaho, 1996
- Richard Mauk, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 25th District, 1992
- Bill Mauk, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Idaho, 1996; Candidate for U.S. Senator from Idaho, 1998
- Bill Mauk, American attorney and Democratic Party nominee, U.S. Senator from Idaho in 1998
- Maty Mauk, American college football quarterback for the Missouri Tigers
- Gary Benjamin "Ben" Mauk (b. 1985), American football quarterback, older brother of Maty Mauk
- Stefan Mauk (b. 1995), Australian footballer who has played since 2011
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Mauk Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Mauk Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 October 2015 at 15:25.
on orders of $85 or more