Matias History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Matias family
The surname Matias was first found in Leon, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
Early History of the Matias family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Matias research. Another 109 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1585, 1645, 1620 and 1975 are included under the topic Early Matias History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Matias Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Macias, Mathias, Macías, Matias, Matías and others.
Early Notables of the Matias family (pre 1700)
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Matias Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Matias is the 4,820th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Matias is ranked the 4,339th most popular surname with an estimated 1,500 - 2,000 people with that name. 
Matias migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Matias Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Martin Matias, aged 30, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1837 
- D Vicente Matias, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1840 
- Luis Matias, who landed in Peru in 1891 
- Juan Matias, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1898 
Contemporary Notables of the name Matias (post 1700) +
- John Matias (1944-2020), American Major League Baseball player for the Chicago White Sox of in 1970, playing 58 games
- Ricardo Matias Verón (b. 1981), Argentine football midfielder
- Matias Prats Luque (b. 1952), Spanish sports and news journalist
- Matias Concha (b. 1980), Swedish football player (defender) of Chilean origin and national team player for Sweden
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)