Mathe History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mathe family
The surname Mathe was first found in Champagne, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Ardennes/Marne and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Mathe family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mathe research. Another 57 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1630 and 1696 are included under the topic Early Mathe History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mathe Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Matey, Mateu, Mathy, Mathay, Mathenay, Mathe, Mathey, Maathe, Mathei, Mattei, Mathei, Mathes and many more.
Early Notables of the Mathe family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mathe Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Mathe is the 1,236th most popular surname with an estimated 4,550 people with that name.  However, in South Africa, the name Mathe is ranked the 182nd most popular surname with an estimated 35,410 people with that name. 
Mathe migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mathe Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Baptis Mathe, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1855 
Contemporary Notables of the name Mathe (post 1700) +
- Joaquin Mathé, American politician, U.S. Consul in Sonsonate, 1884 
- Ketty Mathé (1988-2007), French bronze medalist judoka at the 2007 European Open Championships
- Georges Mathé (1922-2010), French oncologist and immunologist whoperformed the first successful bone marrow transplant in 1959
- Gábor Máthé (b. 1985), Hungarian football goalkeeper
- Édouard Mathé (1886-1934), Australian-born French silent film actor who starred in 51 films between 1914 and 1924
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ https://forebears.io/south-africa/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html