on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Marston family come from? What is the English Marston family crest and coat of arms? When did the Marston family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Marston family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Marston, Marsden, Marson and others.
First found in Leicestershire where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Marston research. Another 141 words(10 lines of text) covering the years 1576 and 1634 are included under the topic Early Marston History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 31 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Marston Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Marston Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John and William Marston settled in Salem in 1630
- John Marston, who landed in Salem, Massachusetts in 1637
- William Marston, who arrived in Salem, Massachusetts in 1637
- Sil Marston, who arrived in Virginia in 1651
- Robert Marston, who landed in Maryland in 1665
Marston Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Eleanore Marston, who arrived in Virginia in 1714
- Edward Marston, who landed in America in 1715
Marston Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- C Marston, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
Marston Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Thomas Marston, who landed in Esquimalt, British Columbia in 1862
Marston Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Job Marston, English convict from Warwick, who was transported aboard the "Albion" on May 29, 1828, settling in New South Wales, Australia
- William Marston arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Senator" in 1849
- Robert Quarles Marston (1923-1999), American Rhodes Scholar, physician, research scientist, governmental appointee and university administrator
- David Weese "Dave" Marston Sr. (b. 1942), American lawyer and author
- Brigadier-General Morrill Watson Marston (1896-1978), American Assistant Chief of Staff Central Pacific Area (1941)
- William Moulton Marston (1893-1947), also known by the pen name Charles Moulton, was an American psychologist, inventor and comic book writer who created the character Wonder Woman, inducted into the Comic Book Hall of Fame in 2006
- Colin Marston (b. 1982), American musician and record producer
- John Westland Marston (1819-1890), English dramatic poet
- Philip Bourke Marston (1850-1887), English poet
- James Edward "Joe" Marston MBE (b. 1926), Australian former association football player
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
The Marston Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Marston Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 November 2014 at 11:17.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more