100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
Marconi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The distinguished surname Marconi can be traced back to the ancient and beautiful region of Venice
. Although people were originally known only by a single name, it became necessary for people to adopt a second name to identify themselves as populations grew and travel became more frequent. The process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames
was not complete until the modern era, but the use of hereditary family names in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries. Italian hereditary surnames were developed according to fairly general principles and they were characterized by a profusion of derivatives coined from given names. The most common type of family name found in the region of Venice
is the patronymic
surname, which is derived from the father's given name. During the Middle Ages, Italians adopted the patronymic system of name-making because it perfectly complemented the prevailing Feudal
System. In Italy the popularity of patronymic type of surname is also due to the fact that during the Christian era, people often named their children after saints and biblical figures. The surname Marconi came from the personal name
Marchino, which is derived from the Latin name Marcus.
Early Origins of the Marconi family
The surname Marconi was first found in Crema.
Early History of the Marconi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Marconi research.Another 27 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1471, 1528, 1588, 1633, 1714, 1643 and 1729 are included under the topic Early Marconi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Marconi Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred
years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations
were the unsurprising result. The variations of Marconi include DeMarchi, DeMarchis, Marcantoni, Marcantonio, Marcat, Marcato, Marchel, Marchelli, Marchello, Marchet, Marchetiello, Marchetta, Marchetti, Marchi, Marchin, Marchini, Marchiol, Marchioli, Marchitelli, Marchitiello, Marchitto, Marco, Marcocci, Marcoccio, Marcoleoni, Marcolin, Marcolini, Marcolla, Marcolongo, Marcon, Marconati, Marconcini, Marcone, Marconi, Marcovic, Marcovich, Marcoz, Marcozzi, Marcucci, Marcuccio, Marcuzzi, Marcuzzo and many more.
Early Notables of the Marconi family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Girolamo Marchesi, a painter born in Cotignola around the year 1471. He was a painter and he was famous for the portraits which he painted of the famous people of his day. Among those he painted were Gaston Felix, a famous French general, Massamiliano... Another 53 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Marconi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Marconi family to the New World and Oceana
Immigrants bearing the name Marconi or a variant listed above include:
Marconi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinr Marconi, aged 33, who landed in New Bedford, Massachusetts in 1836 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Marconi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Marconi, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Lucca, Italy, in 1907
- Amilcare Marconi, aged 24, who landed in America from Torino, Italy, in 1908
- Anna Marconi, aged 20, who landed in America from Italy, in 1909
- Angelo Marconi, aged 24, who settled in America from Breonio, Italy, in 1910
- Antonio Marconi, aged 1, who landed in America from Castelli, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Marconi (post 1700)
- Rudolph P. Marconi, American Democrat politician, First Selectman of Ridgefield, Connecticut, 2011-12 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Nicola Marconi (1978-2008), Italian diver at the 2008 Olympic Games
- Michele Marconi (b. 1989), Italian footballer
- Guglielmo Marconi (1874-1937), Italian inventor, best known for his development of a radiotelegraph system for which he shared the 1909 Nobel Prize in Physics, founder of the Marconi Company (1897-2006)
- Leandro Marconi (1834-1919), Polish architect
Marconi Family Crest Products
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!