Manfredi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Manfredi family
The surname Manfredi was first found in Padua (Italian: Padova, Latin: Patavium, Venetian: Padoa), on the Bacchiglione River, capital of the province of Padua. In 1175, the citizens elected the D'Este family as podesta but in 1275 Frederick II took over. The powerful families of D'Este, Camposampiero and Da Romano were the large influences. The city is rich in art, museums and galleries. Many churches exhibit works of the masters. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Manfredi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Manfredi research. Another 110 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1299, 1318, 1608, 1772, 1343, 1313, 1327, 1324, 1373, 1341, 1356, 1345, 1405, 1377, 1377, 1404, 1412, 1468, 1439, 1448, 1443, 1468, 1485, 1502, 1488, 1501, 1444, 1466, 1582, 1622, 1681 and 1761 are included under the topic Early Manfredi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Manfredi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Manfredi, Manfredo, Manfreda, Manferdini, Manfre, Manfra, Manfran, Manfrai, Manfrotto and many more.
Early Notables of the Manfredi family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Francesco I Manfredi (died 1343), Lord of Faenza (1313-1327); Giovanni Manfredi (1324-1373), Lord of Faenza from 1341 to 1356; and his son, Astorre Manfredi (c. 1345-1405), an Italian condottiero who reconquered Faenza in 1377, Lord of Faenza (1377-1404); Astorre II Manfredi (1412-1468), Lord of Imola from 1439 to 1448, and...
Another 56 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Manfredi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Manfredi migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Manfredi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Math. Ferdinand Manfredi, who settled in Alabama in 1827
- Adelaide Manfredi, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Carpanzano, in 1898
Manfredi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Manfredi, aged 14, who settled in America from Norchiano, in 1902
- Andrea Manfredi, aged 15, who landed in America from Bedonia, Italy, in 1909
- Angela Manfredi, aged 14, who immigrated to the United States from Andali, Italy, in 1912
- Amerigo Manfredi, aged 16, who settled in America from Campagnano, Italy, in 1912
- Allesandro Manfredi, aged 38, who immigrated to the United States from Bedomia, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Manfredi (post 1700)
- Renée Manfredi (b. 1962), American novelist, co-winner of the 1993 Iowa Short Fiction Award
- Andriana Manfredi, American actress, known for 1313: Night of the Widow (2012), Into the Hood (2015) and Bikini Model Academy (2015)
- Matt Manfredi (b. 1971), American multiple award winning writer and producer, known for R.I.P.D. (2013), Clash of the Titans (2010) and Æon Flux (2005)
- David Manfredi, American architect, co-founder of Elkus / Manfredi Architects, an architectural firm based in Boston, Massachusetts in 1988
- Charles Manfredi, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Democrats Abroad, 1988, 1996 
- Ercole Pietro Manfredi (1883-1973), Italian architect who lived and worked in Siam (now Thailand)
- Manfredo Manfredi (1859-1927), Italian architect
- Valerio Massimo Manfredi (b. 1943), Italian historian, writer, essayist, archaeologist and journalist
- Saturnino "Nino" Manfredi (1921-2004), Italian ten-time David di Donatello Award winning, four-time Golden Globe Award winning and three-time Golden Goblet Award winning actor, with 114 credits to his name
- Andrea Manfredi (b. 1992), Italian cyclist riding for Bardiani-CSF
- ... (Another 6 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html