Mallison History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mallison family
The surname Mallison was first found in Aberdeenshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Obar Dheathain), a historic county, and present day Council Area of Aberdeen, located in the Grampian region of northeastern Scotland where one of the first records of the name was Thomas Malisone in 1445.  John Malynessone was listed in Yorkshire in 1317.  The Yorkshire Poll Tax Rolls of 1379 listed: Robertas Malyn; Johannes Malynson; and Richard Malynson. 
Important Dates for the Mallison family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mallison research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1427, 1445 and 1447 are included under the topic Early Mallison History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mallison Spelling Variations
Although the name, Mallison, appeared in many references, from time to time, the surname was shown with the spellings Mallison, Mallinson, Malison, Mallyson, Mallynson, Mallisson, Mallenson, Mellenson, Mellanson and many more.
Early Notables of the Mallison family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mallison Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mallison migration to the United States
Gradually becoming disenchanted with life in Ireland many of these uprooted families sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. These overcrowded ships often arrived with only 60 to 70% of their original passenger list, many dying of cholera, typhoid, dysentery or small pox. In North America, some of the first immigrants who could be considered kinsmen of the Mallison family name Mallison, or who bore a variation of the surname were
Typical Mallison Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Mallison Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Mallison, who settled in Philadelphia in 1853
Contemporary Notables of the name Mallison (post 1700)
- Francis Avery Mallison (1832-1877), American journalist and editor who was responsible for publishing a forged document to manipulate the price of gold on the New York Stock Exchange resulting in the "Great Civil War Gold Hoax"
- Sam C. Mallison, American Republican politician, West Virginia State Auditor, 1927-29; Appointed 1927 
- George Mallison, American politician, U.S. Consul in Archangel, 1849-50 
- Francis A. Mallison, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Kings County 4th District, 1868 
- John Mallison AOM (1929-2012), Australian Christian pastor, mentor, author and teacher
You May Also Like
- ^ Black, George F., The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3)
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html