Maino History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Maino family
The surname Maino was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Maino family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Maino research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1450, 1528, 1401, 1465, 1435, 1519, 1475, 1569 and 1649 are included under the topic Early Maino History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Maino Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Maino, Maini, Mainis, Mainello, Mainelli, Mainetto, Mainetti and many more.
Early Notables of the Maino family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Agnese del Maino (c. 1401-1465), a Milanese noblewoman and the mistress of Filippo Maria Visconti, the last legitimate Duke of Milan of the Visconti dynasty; Giasone del Maino (Jason de Mayno)...
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Maino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Maino migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Maino Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joseph Maino, who settled in California sometime between 1920 and 1921
- James J. Maino, who settled in California sometime between 1920 and 1921
- Hannah A. Maino, who settled in California sometime between 1920 and 1921
- Antonio Maino, who settled in Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943
Contemporary Notables of the name Maino (post 1700) +
- Theodore C. Maino (b. 1913), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Botswana, 1982 
- Paolo Maino (b. 1989), Italian professional footballer
- Cristian Maino (b. 1971), Argentine sprint canoer in the K-4 1000 m event at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona
- Maino Neri (1924-1995), Italian footballer
Related Stories +