Mailloux History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mailloux family
The surname Mailloux was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where this noted family has held a family seat since ancient times. One of the earliest records of the family was Blessed Jeanne-Marie de Maille (1331-1414), a French Roman Catholic and a member from the Third Order of Saint Francis. Pope Pius IX confirmed her beatification on 27 April 1871.
Early History of the Mailloux family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mailloux research. Another 292 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1003, 1050, 1277, 1295, 1418, 1474, 1491, 1532, 1541, 1545, 1710, 1751, 1479, 1331, 1414, 1658, 1721, 1697, 1710, 1656 and 1738 are included under the topic Early Mailloux History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mailloux Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mailly, Maillie, Mailley, Maillies, Maily, Mailie, Mailey, Mailies, Maillet, Mayie, de Mailly, de Maillie, de Mailley, de Maily, de Mailie, de Mayie, la Mailly, la Maillie, la Mailley, la Maily, de Mayie and many more.
Early Notables of the Mailloux family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Jeanne-Marie de Maille (1331-1414), a French saint; and François de Mailly (1658-1721), a French archbishop and Cardinal, Archbishop of Arles from 1697, then Archbishop of Reims from 1710.
Benoît de Maillet (1656-1738) was a French diplomat and natural historian from Lorraine. He was French consul general at...
Another 53 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mailloux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mailloux World Ranking
In the United States, the name Mailloux is the 10,465th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Canada, the name Mailloux is ranked the 861st most popular surname with an estimated 6,189 people with that name.  And in Quebec, Canada, the name Mailloux is the 398th popular surname. 
| Mailloux migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mailloux Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adele Mailloux, aged 34, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
Mailloux Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Cyprien Odilon Mailloux, aged 48, who immigrated to America, in 1907
- George Mailloux, aged 22, who landed in America from France, Paris, in 1907
- Hermisdas Mailloux, aged 31, who landed in America, in 1907
- Cyprien Mailloux, aged 51, who landed in America, in 1911
- Henri Mailloux, aged 33, who immigrated to the United States, in 1919
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Mailloux (post 1700) ||+|
- Raymond A. Mailloux, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Rhode Island 1st District, 1946 
- Eugene Mailloux (1878-1929), Canadian businessman, founder and president of M & P grocery and meat stores in the early 1900s
- Barry J. Mailloux (b. 1982), Canadian computer scientist, editor and professor
- Pascal Mailloux (b. 1957), famous French-Canadian pianist
- Raymond Mailloux (1918-1995), Quebec politician and Cabinet Minister
- Élie Mailloux (1830-1893), Canadian Quebec farmer, clerk and politician in the Legislative Assembly of Quebec from 1867 to 1872
- Pierre Mailloux (b. 1949), Canadian psychiatrist
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/surnames/
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html