on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Maille family come from? What is the French Maille family crest and coat of arms? When did the Maille family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Maille family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Mailly, Maillie, Mailley, Maillies, Maily, Mailie, Mailey, Mailies, Maillet, Mayie, de Mailly, de Maillie, de Mailley, de Maily, de Mailie, de Mayie, la Mailly, la Maillie, la Mailley, la Maily, de Mayie and many more.
First found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where this noted family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Maille research. Another 583 words(42 lines of text) covering the years 1003, 1050, 1277, 1295, 1418, 1474, 1491, 1532, 1541, 1545, 1710, 1751, 1479, 1331, 1414, 1658, 1721, 1697 and 1710 are included under the topic Early Maille History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 55 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Maille Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Maille Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Pierre Maille, aged 20, landed in Louisiana in 1720
- Andre Maille, who arrived in Louisiana in 1785
Maille Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Catharina Barbara Maille, whose oath of Allegiance was recorded in Philadelphia in 1805
- Catharina Barbara Maille, aged 25, landed in Pennsylvania in 1805
- Fredericka Maille, aged 19, landed in Pennsylvania in 1805
- Johaner Maille, aged 21, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1805
- Walburga Maille, aged 15, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1805
- Brigadier-General Charles-Marius Maille (1875-1960), French General Officer Commanding XXXXV Fortress Corps (1940)
- Pierre Maille (b. 1947), French politician, Mayor of Brest from 1982 to 1983
- Alphonse Maille (1813-1865), French botanist, founding member of the Société botanique de France
- Gabriel Maillé (b. 1995), Canadian child film and television actor
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
The Maille Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Maille Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 July 2014 at 16:30.
on orders of $85 or more