Lykins History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lykins family
The surname Lykins was first found in Salop (Shropshire) where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1221 when Luuken held estates.
Early History of the Lykins family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lykins research. Another 135 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1279, 1455, 1487, 1348, 1358, 1365, 1366, 1660, 1st , 1622, 1680, 1647, 1653, 1660, 1664 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Lykins History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lykins Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lovekyn, Lovekin, Lufkin, Lucken, Luckens, Luckyn, Luckins, Lukin, Lukyn, Lucan, Lucin, Lewkin, Lewkyn and many more.
Early Notables of the Lykins family (pre 1700)
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lykins Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lykins migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lykins Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Edw. C. Lykins, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1906
- Mary Lykins, aged 42, who immigrated to the United States, in 1911
- Preston L. Lykins, aged 48, who settled in America, in 1911
Contemporary Notables of the name Lykins (post 1700) +
- James Edward Lykins, American sculptor from South Charleston, West Virginia
- Johnston Lykins (1800-1876), American pioneer to what would become Kansas City, Missouri and later became the city's second mayor
- R. Daniel Lykins, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kansas, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008; Candidate for U.S. Representative from Kansas 2nd District, 2002 
- Donald M. Lykins, American Republican politician, Candidate for West Virginia State House of Delegates from Wayne County, 1956 
Related Stories +