Early Origins of the Lutley family
The surname Lutley was first found in Worcestershire
where the name is a local
name 'of Luttley', a hamlet in the parish of Hales-Owen CITATION[CLOSE]
Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
. Today Lutley is an area of Halesowen in the West Midlands of England
. The ancient pathway named Lutley Gutter runs through the area. In Staffordshire
the earliest records of the name were found: Philip de Lotteleg and Thomas de Luttelegh, both recorded during the reign of King Edward I
. Philip de Lotteleg (Luttley) "was the ancestor of the family the direct line of which terminated in an heiress in the reign of Henry VI. But Adam de Luittley, younger brother of Philip was grandfather of Sir William Luttley, Knight of Munslow Hall, Shropshire" CITATION[CLOSE]
Shirley, Evelyn Philip, The Noble and Gentle Men of England; The Arms and Descents. Westminster: John Bower Nichols and Sons, 1866, Print.
and it was from him the hereditary line continued.
Early History of the Lutley family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lutley research.Another 293 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1241, 1396, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Lutley History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lutley Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Luttley, Luttlie, Luttlee, Luttlea, Luttleigh, Lutteley, Luttely, Lutley, Lutelie, Lutlee and many more.
Early Notables of the Lutley family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lutley Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Lutley family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lutley Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Marian Lutley, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Wellington, England, in 1909
- William John Lutley, aged 31, who landed in America, in 1911
- Hannah Lutley, aged 23, who landed in America from Hemyock Dip, England, in 1920
- Mary Lutley, aged 49, who settled in America from Hemyock Dip, England, in 1920
- Albert Lutley, aged 58, who emigrated to the United States from London, England, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)