Luken History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Luken family
The surname Luken was first found in Berwickshire where the this surname is derived from the name of an ancestor as in 'the son of Luke,' which is popularly Luck and Luckie on the Scottish border. 
Early History of the Luken family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Luken research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580, 1647 and are included under the topic Early Luken History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luken Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
Early Notables of the Luken family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Luken Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Luken is the 17,677th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Luken family to Ireland
Some of the Luken family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Luken migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Luken Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Luken, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1846 
- John H Luken, who landed in New York in 1859 
- Henry Luken, who landed in Morgan County, Illinois in 1878 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Luken (post 1700) ||+|
- Thomas Andrew Luken (1925-2018), American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 1964; Mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio, 1971-72; U.S. Representative from Ohio, 1974-75, 1977-91 
- James T. Luken, American Democratic Party politician, Mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio, 1976-77 
- Charles J. Luken (b. 1951), American Democratic Party politician, Mayor of Cincinnati, Ohio, 1984-91, 1999-; U.S. Representative from Ohio 1st District, 1991-93; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 2004 
- Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html