Lukeman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lukeman family
The surname Lukeman was first found in Oxfordshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The family name was first referenced in the year 1211 when Henry Leucnore held estates an that shire. Henry Lewkenore succeeded in 1273. "[The parish of Denham in Suffolk] was anciently an extra-parochial district, the property of the Lewkenor family. Sir Edward Lewkenor built a church here, which he endowed with tithes; and the place was consequently erected into a separate parish, comprising about 1300 acres, including a large wood. Denham Hall, the seat of the family, is now a farmhouse." 
Early History of the Lukeman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lukeman research. Another 194 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1455, 1487, 1306, 1449, 1585, 1483, 1600, 1603, 1608, 1661, 1510, 1600, 1104, 1422, 1460 and 1599 are included under the topic Early Lukeman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lukeman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lewknor, Lewknore, Lewkner, Lewker, Leuknor, Leukner, Lewkenorm Lewkenore, Lucknor, Luckner, Lucknore, Looknor and many more.
Early Notables of the Lukeman family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include the Lewkenor family of Oxfordshire. Roger Lewkenor was a Sheriff of Sussex under King Henry VI. (reign1422-1460). Sir Lewis Lewkenor translated "The Commonwealth...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lukeman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lukeman migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lukeman Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Lukeman, who landed in Maryland in 1663 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lukeman (post 1700) +
- Noah Lukeman (b. 1973), American actor, script-writer and author
- Henry Augustus Lukeman (1872-1935), American sculptor of historical monuments, best known for his Francis Asbury statue, Washington D.C
- Francis Lawrence "Frank" Lukeman (1885-1946), Canadian bronze medalist athlete at the 1912 Summer Olympics
- Jack Lukeman (b. 1973), born Seán Loughman, Irish songwriter, musician, record producer, vocal artist and broadcaster
Related Stories +
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)