on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Lucky was first found in Berwickshire
where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lucky research. Another 229 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580 and 1647 are included under the topic Early Lucky History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lucky Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the Lucky family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland
is included in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lucky Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James Lucky, aged 21, landed in New York, NY in 1803
- Theoph Lucky, who arrived in New York, NY in 1812
- R. H. Lucky, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Kentucky, 1904
- E. T. Lucky, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Arkansas, 1924
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
The Lucky Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lucky Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 November 2015 at 09:32.
on orders of $85 or more