Luckman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Luckman family
The surname Luckman was first found in Berwickshire where the this surname is derived from the name of an ancestor as in 'the son of Luke,' which is popularly Luck and Luckie on the Scottish border. 
Important Dates for the Luckman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Luckman research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580, 1647 and are included under the topic Early Luckman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luckman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
Early Notables of the Luckman family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Luckman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Luckman family to Ireland
Some of the Luckman family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luckman migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Luckman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Luckman, who landed in Morgan County, Illinois in 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Luckman (post 1700)
- Charles Luckman (1909-1999), American architect and businessman, nicknamed the "Boy Wonder of American Business" when he was named president of the Pepsodent toothpaste company in 1939 at the age of 30
- Sidney "Sid" Luckman (1916-1998), American football quarterback for the Chicago Bears, inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1965, joint winner of the Walter Camp Distinguished American Award in 1988
- Ernest Luckman (b. 1926), English professional rugby league footballer of the 1940s and '50s
- David Luckman (b. 1976), British two-time gold medalist sport shooter at the 2014 Commonwealth Games
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)