Lucking History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lucking family
The surname Lucking was first found in Salop (Shropshire) where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1221 when Luuken held estates.
Early History of the Lucking family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lucking research. Another 135 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1279, 1455, 1487, 1348, 1358, 1365, 1366, 1660, 1st , 1622, 1680, 1647, 1653, 1660, 1664 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Lucking History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lucking Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lovekyn, Lovekin, Lufkin, Lucken, Luckens, Luckyn, Luckins, Lukin, Lukyn, Lucan, Lucin, Lewkin, Lewkyn and many more.
Early Notables of the Lucking family (pre 1700)
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lucking Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lucking migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Lucking Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Charles Lucking, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "John" in 1840 
- James Holmes Lucking, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "John" in 1840 
- Eliza Lucking, aged 21, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Duke Of Wellington" in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lucking (post 1700) +
- William A. Lucking Jr., American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from California, 1960 
- William A. Lucking, American politician, Candidate for Circuit Judge in Michigan 3rd Circuit, 1923 
- Alfred Lucking (1856-1929), American Democrat politician, U.S. Representative from Michigan 1st District, 1903-05; Defeated, 1904; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1924 
Historic Events for the Lucking family +
HMS Royal Oak
- Cecil J. Lucking, British Stoker with the Royal Navy aboard the HMS Royal Oak when she was torpedoed by U-47 and sunk; he survived the sinking 
Related Stories +