Luckie History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Luckie family
The surname Luckie was first found in Berwickshire where the this surname is derived from the name of an ancestor as in 'the son of Luke,' which is popularly Luck and Luckie on the Scottish border. 
Early History of the Luckie family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Luckie research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580, 1647 and are included under the topic Early Luckie History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luckie Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
Early Notables of the Luckie family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Luckie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Luckie family to Ireland
Some of the Luckie family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Luckie migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Luckie Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Robert Luckie, aged 37, who arrived in New York, NY in 1812 
Luckie migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Luckie Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Luckie, aged 19, who arrived in South Australia in 1849 aboard the ship "Brankenmoor" 
- John Luckie, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Branken Moor" in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Luckie (post 1700) +
- Clayton R. Luckie II, American politician, Member of the Ohio House of Representatives (2006-2013)
- Robert "Ace" Luckie Jr. (1917-2007), American businessman, advertising figure, founder of Robert Luckie & Company in 1953
- Samuel H. Luckie, American politician, Member of Texas Republic Senate, 1845 
- Lafayette B. Luckie, American politician, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Arkansas, 1856 
- Clayton Luckie, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 2008 
- David Mitchell Luckie (1827-1909), Scottish-born, New Zealand politician, Member of Parliament for Nelson
Related Stories +
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ State Records of South Australia. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) The BRANKEN MOOR 1849. Retrieved from http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/BSA/1849BrankenMoor.htm
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html