Lucke History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lucke family
The surname Lucke was first found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Important Dates for the Lucke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lucke research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580 and 1647 are included under the topic Early Lucke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lucke Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
Early Notables of the Lucke family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lucke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Lucke family to Ireland
Some of the Lucke family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lucke migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Lucke Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Lucke Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Richard Lucke, who arrived in Virginia in 1658 
Lucke Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Conr Lucke, who landed in America in 1777 
- Christian Lucke, who arrived in America in 1780 
Lucke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Gerh Lucke, who landed in America in 1820 
- Stephan Lucke, aged 28, who landed in America in 1836 
- Joh Heinr Lucke, who arrived in America in 1837 
- Franz Lucke, aged 24, who landed in Missouri in 1841 
- Karl Wilhelm Lucke, aged 36, who landed in America in 1843 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Lucke (post 1700)
- Lewis W. Lucke, American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Swaziland, 2004-05 
- Gustavus Lucke, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Hampshire, 1876 
- Max-Hermann Lücke, German fighter pilot and flying ace in the Luftwaffe, during World War II, credited with 78 aerial victories, awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
Historic Events for the Lucke family
- Otto Lücke (1916-1941), German Mechanikersmaat (A) who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
- Herbert Lücke (1908-1941), German Stabsoberfunkmeister who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details