on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Loucks family come from? What is the English Loucks family crest and coat of arms? When did the Loucks family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Loucks family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loucks research. Another 229 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580 and 1647 are included under the topic Early Loucks History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Loucks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Loucks family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Loucks Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Phillip Loucks settled in New England in 1709
- Abarham Loucks, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Diedrich Loucks, who landed in New York in 1715-1716
- Philip Loucks, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Johan Peter Loucks, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
Loucks Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Abraham Loucks U.E. who settled in Fredericksburgh [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1784
- Mr. George Loucks U.E. who settled in Williamsburgh c. 1784
- Mr. George Loucks U.E. who settled in Fredericksburgh [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1784
- Mr. George Loucks U.E., "Jurge" who settled in Canada c. 1784
- Mr. Henry Loucks U.E. who settled in Fredericksburgh [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1784
Loucks Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Leonard Loucks, who landed in Canada in 1836
- Major-General Charles Ernest Loucks (1895-1987), American Commanding General of Rocky Mountain arsenal (1942-1944)
- Edwin Earl Loucks, American professional football player
- Alvin E. Loucks (1895-1973), American football player and coach
- Scott Gregory Loucks, former American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Don Loucks, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 28th District, 1996
- Daniel K. Loucks, American politician, Member of South Dakota State House of Representatives 29th District, 1927-30
- D. M. Loucks, American politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from York County, 1873-74
- Charles J. Loucks, American Republican politician, Postmaster at Fort Worth, Texas, 1867-68
- Charles Loucks (b. 1872), American Republican politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Wallingford, 1911-12, 1919-22
- Augustus Loucks, American Republican politician, Postmaster at York, Pennsylvania, 1901-06
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Loucks Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Loucks Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 February 2016 at 11:47.
on orders of $85 or more