on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Loucks family come from? What is the English Loucks family crest and coat of arms? When did the Loucks family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Loucks family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loucks research. Another 229 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580 and 1647 are included under the topic Early Loucks History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Loucks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Loucks family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Loucks Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Phillip Loucks settled in New England in 1709
- Abarham Loucks, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Diedrich Loucks, who landed in New York in 1715-1716
- Philip Loucks, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Johan Peter Loucks, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
Loucks Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Leonard Loucks, who landed in Canada in 1836
- Major-General Charles Ernest Loucks (1895-1987), American Commanding General of Rocky Mountain arsenal (1942-1944)
- Edwin Earl Loucks, American professional football player
- Alvin E. Loucks (1895-1973), American football player and coach
- Scott Gregory Loucks, former American Major League Baseball outfielder
- William John Loucks (1873-1967), Conservative member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
The Loucks Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Loucks Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 August 2015 at 08:46.
on orders of $85 or more