on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Loucks was first found in Berwickshire
where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loucks research. Another 229 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580 and 1647 are included under the topic Early Loucks History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Loucks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the Loucks family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland
is included in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Loucks Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Phillip Loucks settled in New England in 1709
- Abarham Loucks, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Diedrich Loucks, who landed in New York in 1715-1716
- Philip Loucks, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Johan Peter Loucks, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
Loucks Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Abraham Loucks U.E. who settled in Fredericksburgh [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1784
- Mr. George Loucks U.E. who settled in Williamsburgh c. 1784
- Mr. George Loucks U.E. who settled in Fredericksburgh [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1784
- Mr. George Loucks U.E., "Jurge" who settled in Canada c. 1784
- Mr. Henry Loucks U.E. who settled in Fredericksburgh [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1784
Loucks Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Leonard Loucks, who landed in Canada in 1836
- Major-General Charles Ernest Loucks (1895-1987), American Commanding General of Rocky Mountain arsenal (1942-1944)
- Edwin Earl Loucks, American professional football player
- Alvin E. Loucks (1895-1973), American football player and coach
- Scott Gregory Loucks, former American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Don Loucks, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 28th District, 1996
- Daniel K. Loucks, American politician, Member of South Dakota State House of Representatives 29th District, 1927-30
- D. M. Loucks, American politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from York County, 1873-74
- Charles J. Loucks, American Republican politician, Postmaster at Fort Worth, Texas, 1867-68
- Charles Loucks (b. 1872), American Republican politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Wallingford, 1911-12, 1919-22
- Augustus Loucks, American Republican politician, Postmaster at York, Pennsylvania, 1901-06
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
The Loucks Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Loucks Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 February 2016 at 11:47.
on orders of $85 or more