on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Loucks family come from? What is the English Loucks family crest and coat of arms? When did the Loucks family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Loucks family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loucks research. Another 184 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1567, 1582, 1600, and 1691 are included under the topic Early Loucks History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Loucks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Loucks family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Loucks Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Phillip Loucks settled in New England in 1709
- Abarham Loucks, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Diedrich Loucks, who landed in New York in 1715-1716
- Philip Loucks, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Johan Peter Loucks, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748
Loucks Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Leonard Loucks, who landed in Canada in 1836
- Scott Gregory Loucks, former American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Alvin E. Loucks (1895-1973), American football player and coach
- Edwin Earl Loucks, American professional football player
- Major-General Charles Ernest Loucks (1895-1987), American Commanding General of Rocky Mountain arsenal (1942-1944)
- William John Loucks (1873-1967), Conservative member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
The Loucks Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Loucks Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 January 2014 at 16:06.
on orders of $85 or more