Look History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Look family
The surname Look was first found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Important Dates for the Look family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Look research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580 and 1647 are included under the topic Early Look History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Look Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
Early Notables of the Look family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Look Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Look family to Ireland
Some of the Look family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Look migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Look Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Karl Bogislaw Look, aged 34, who arrived in America in 1843 
- S W Look, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- Ernest Look, who landed in Arkansas in 1894 
Look migration to Australia
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Look Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Joseph Look, a boat-builder, who arrived in New South Wales, Australia sometime between 1825 and 1832
- William Look, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Himalaya" in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Look (post 1700)
- William J. Look, American Republican politician, Member of Massachusetts State Senate Cape and Plymouth District, 1923-24 
- Victor H. Look, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Circuit Judge in Michigan 3rd Circuit, 1935 
- Dexter G. Look (1863-1935), American Republican politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives from Kent County 2nd District, 1923-34 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ State Records of South Australia. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) The HIMALAYA 1849. Retrieved from http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/BSA/1849Himalaya.htm
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html