on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Look was first found in Berwickshire
where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luck, Luke, Louk, Louke, Loucks, Lucke and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Look research. Another 229 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1567, 1582, 1691, 1580 and 1647 are included under the topic Early Look History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Look Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the Look family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland
is included in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Look Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Karl Bogislaw Look, aged 34, arrived in America in 1843
- S W Look, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- Ernest Look, who landed in Arkansas in 1894
Look Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- William Look arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Himalaya" in 1849
- William J. Look, American Republican politician, Member of Massachusetts State Senate Cape and Plymouth District, 1923-24
- Victor H. Look, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Circuit Judge in Michigan 3rd Circuit, 1935
- Dexter G. Look (1863-1935), American Republican politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives from Kent County 2nd District, 1923-34
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Look Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Look Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2015 at 11:05.
on orders of $85 or more