Lohner History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lohner family
The surname Lohner was first found in Frankfurt, where the name could be considered to have made a great contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern Europe. The name is a Roman-German mixed compounded of Leo (lion) and "Hard," the mediaeval German word for "brave." St. Leonhardt was the patron saint of farmers and of horses. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, in which each group sought power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Important Dates for the Lohner family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lohner research. Another 162 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1747, 1756, 1758, 1790, 1792, 1830, 1836, and 1889 are included under the topic Early Lohner History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lohner Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leonhardt, Leonhard, Leonhardi, Lennartz, Lehnhard, Lienhard (southern Germany), Lehner, Lehnert, Lenhart, Lenhard, Lenhardt, Leonardt and many more.
Early Notables of the Lohner family (pre 1700)
Prominent figures of the time who bore the name Lohner were Friedrich Lienhard, who was a prominent Alcasian (Alemannic) poet. Dorette (1756-84) and Auguste (1758-86) Leonhart were sisters...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lohner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lohner migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lohner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Friederich Lohner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1740 
- Joh Nicklaus Lohner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
Lohner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Lohner, aged 34, who arrived in New York, NY in 1874 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lohner (post 1700)
- Helmuth Lohner (1933-2015), Austrian actor and theatre director
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)