on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: French, Italian
Where did the Italian Lively family come from? What is the Italian Lively family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lively family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lively family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lively, Livelli, Livelly, Leuvelin, Leuveling, Leubfling, Leuven, Leivelli, Leifelly, Lievely, Leuvel and many more.
First found in Padua (Italian: Padova, Latin: Patavium, Venetian: Padoa), on the Bacchiglione River, capital of the province of Padua. In 1175, the citizens elected the D'Este family as podesta but in 1275 Frederick II took over. The powerful families of D'Este, Camposampiero and Da Romano were the large influences. The city is rich in art, museums and galleries. Many churches exhibit works of the masters. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lively research. Another 219 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 155 and 1556 are included under the topic Early Lively History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lively Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lively Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Matthew Lively, who arrived in Virginia in 1734
Lively Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- H. Lively, who came to New York, NY in 1821
- George Lively, who settled in San Francisco in 1852
- Michael Lively, who settled in Indiana sometime between 1849 and 1854
- Dennis Lively, who arrived in Kansas in 1872
Lively Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Micheal Lively, who arrived in Indiana in 1900
- James Lively, who arrived in Indiana in 1900
Lively Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Reuben Lively U.E. who settled in Canada c. 1784
Lively Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Joseph Lively, who settled in Ontario in 1871
- Elizabeth Lively, who settled in Ontario in 1871
- Henry Everett "Jack" Lively (1885-1967), American Major League Baseball right-handed pitcher who played for the 1911 Detroit Tigers, father of Buddy Lively
- Everett Adrian "Buddy" Lively (1925-2015), nicknamed "Red", American Major League Baseball player who played for the Cincinnati Reds from 1947 to 1949
- Zack Lively (b. 1987), American actor best known for his role as Heath on ABC Family's GREEK
- Scott Douglas Lively (b. 1957), American author, attorney, social activist and political candidate for Governor of Massachusetts (2014)
- Robyn Elaine Lively (b. 1972), American actress, best known for her role in the film Teen Witch
- Jason Lively (b. 1968), American actor
- Lori Lynn Lively (b. 1966), American actress and television co-host/designer
- John D. Lively (b. 1946), American politician, Member of the Oregon House of Representatives (2013-)
- John L. Lively, retired American Thoroughbred horse racing jockey who won 3,468 career races, including the 1976 Preakness Stakes, awarded the George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award in 1990
- Eric Lively (b. 1981), born Eric Lawrence Brown, American actor, best known for his role as Nick Larson in The Butterfly Effect 2
- Battilana, Natale, Ed. Genealogie Dello Famiglie Nobili di Genova. Genova: Fratelli Pagano, 1825. Print.
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Lively Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lively Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 February 2016 at 11:47.
on orders of $85 or more