100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Littlefield family come from? What is the English Littlefield family crest and coat of arms? When did the Littlefield family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Littlefield family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lichfield, Litchfield, Lichford and others.
First found in Staffordshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Littlefield research. Another 239 words(17 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Littlefield History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Littlefield Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Littlefield Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Annis Littlefield, aged 38, arrived in America in 1638
- Francis Littlefield, who landed in New England in 1660
- John Littlefield, who arrived in New England in 1671
Littlefield Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- N Littlefield, who landed in Mobile, Ala in 1822
- O L Littlefield, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- C L Littlefield, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1875
Littlefield Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Littlefield, aged 40, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1850 aboard the ship "Sea Queen"
- John Littlefield, aged 40, a labourer, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Sea Queen" in 1850
- Louisa Littlefield, aged 39, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Sea Queen" in 1850
- Susanna Littlefield, aged 12, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Sea Queen" in 1850
- Marianna Littlefield, aged 9, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Sea Queen" in 1850
- Nathaniel Swett Littlefield (1804-1882), American politician, United States Representative from Maine
- Barak Thomas "Barry" Littlefield (1871-1936), American-born, Canadian Thoroughbred racehorse trainer, inducted into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame (2000)
- Richard Bernard "Dick" Littlefield (1926-1997), American Major League Baseball left-handed pitcher who played from 1950 through 1958
- David Littlefield, American Major League Baseball executive, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates (2001-2007)
- Little Willie Littlefield (b. 1931), American R&B and boogie-woogie pianist and singer
- Lucien Littlefield (1895-1960), American actor in the silent film era who appeared in 281 titles, probably best known for her role with Laurel and Hardy in Sons of the Desert (1933)
- Arthur W. Littlefield, American co-founder of Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, an independent publishing house in 1949
- George Washington Littlefield (1842-1920), American Confederate Army officer, cattleman, banker, and regent of the University of Texas
- Corporal George H. Littlefield, American Medal of Honor recipient for his actions in the American Civil War
- Catherine Littlefield (1908-1951), American ballet dancer, one of the first inductees into the Hall of Fame of the National Museum of Dance
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Littlefield Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Littlefield Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 November 2014 at 21:44.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!