on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Littlefield family come from? What is the English Littlefield family crest and coat of arms? When did the Littlefield family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Littlefield family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lichfield, Litchfield, Lichford and others.
First found in Staffordshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Littlefield research. Another 239 words(17 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Littlefield History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Littlefield Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Littlefield Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Annis Littlefield, aged 38, arrived in America in 1638
- Francis Littlefield, who landed in New England in 1660
- John Littlefield, who arrived in New England in 1671
Littlefield Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- N Littlefield, who landed in Mobile, Ala in 1822
- O L Littlefield, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- C L Littlefield, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1875
Littlefield Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Littlefield, aged 40, a labourer, arrived in South Australia in 1850 aboard the ship "Sea Queen"
- John Littlefield, aged 40, a labourer, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Sea Queen" in 1850
- Louisa Littlefield, aged 39, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Sea Queen" in 1850
- Susanna Littlefield, aged 12, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Sea Queen" in 1850
- Marianna Littlefield, aged 9, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Sea Queen" in 1850
- Jacques Littlefield (1950-2009), American owner of the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation
- Catherine Littlefield (1908-1951), American ballet dancer, one of the first inductees into the Hall of Fame of the National Museum of Dance
- Corporal George H. Littlefield, American Medal of Honor recipient for his actions in the American Civil War
- George Washington Littlefield (1842-1920), American Confederate Army officer, cattleman, banker, and regent of the University of Texas
- Arthur W. Littlefield, American co-founder of Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, an independent publishing house in 1949
- Lucien Littlefield (1895-1960), American actor in the silent film era who appeared in 281 titles, probably best known for her role with Laurel and Hardy in Sons of the Desert (1933)
- Little Willie Littlefield (b. 1931), American R&B and boogie-woogie pianist and singer
- David Littlefield, American Major League Baseball executive, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates (2001-2007)
- Richard Bernard "Dick" Littlefield (1926-1997), American Major League Baseball left-handed pitcher who played from 1950 through 1958
- Barak Thomas "Barry" Littlefield (1871-1936), American-born, Canadian Thoroughbred racehorse trainer, inducted into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame (2000)
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Littlefield Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Littlefield Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 November 2014 at 21:44.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more