Early Origins of the Leuknor family
The surname Leuknor was first found in Oxfordshire
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. The family name was first referenced in the year 1211 when Henry Leucnore held estates an that shire. Henry Lewkenore succeeded in 1273. "[The parish of Denham in Suffolk] was anciently an extra-parochial district, the property of the Lewkenor family. Sir Edward Lewkenor built a church here, which he endowed with tithes; and the place was consequently erected into a separate parish, comprising about 1300 acres, including a large wood. Denham Hall, the seat of the family, is now a farmhouse." CITATION[CLOSE]
Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
Early History of the Leuknor family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leuknor research.Another 387 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1379, 1455, 1487, 1306, 1449, 1585, 1483, 1600, 1603, 1608, 1661, 1510, 1600, 1104, 1422, 1460 and 1599 are included under the topic Early Leuknor History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leuknor Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Lewknor, Lewknore, Lewkner, Lewker, Leuknor, Leukner, Lewkenorm Lewkenore, Lucknor, Luckner, Lucknore, Looknor and many more.
Early Notables of the Leuknor family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include the Lewkenor family of Oxfordshire
. Roger Lewkenor was a Sheriff of Sussex
under King Henry VI. (reign1422-1460). Sir Lewis
Lewkenor translated "The Commonwealth... Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Leuknor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Leuknor family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Robert Lewkner, who came to Virginia in 1664.
Contemporary Notables of the name Leuknor (post 1700)
- Sir Lewis Leuknor, British knight who appeared out of the blue in 1603, when James I appointed him his Master of Ceremonies