on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Lesperance was first found in Guyenne, where this family held a family seat
since ancient times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lesperance, Lespérance, L'Espérance, Lesperand, Lespérand, Lesperan, Lespéran, Lesperat, Lespérat, Lespereau, Lespéreau, Lesperot, Lespérot, Lesperaud, Lespéraud, Lesperault, Lespérault, Lesperut, Lespérut, Lesperandieu, Lespérandieu, Lesperon, Lespéron, Lesperonne, Lesperonnet, Esperance, Espérance, Espert, Esperand, Espérand, Esperan, Espéran, Esperandieu, Espérandieu, Esperon, Espéron, Esperonne, Esperonnet, Espery, Lesper, Lespery, Esperies and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lesperance research. Another 223 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1809, 1811, 1829, 1864, and 1874 are included under the topic Early Lesperance History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lesperance Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lesperance Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- M. L'Espérance, who was living in Fort Louis de la Moblile in Louisiana in 1711
- Joseph Lesperance, who arrived in New York in 1798
Lesperance Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jean L'Esperance, who settled in Canada in 1757
- Donald A. L'Esperance, American politician, Member of South Dakota State House of Representatives 45th District, 1957-60
- David L'Esperance, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 1924
- David L'Esperance Jr. (b. 1874), American Republican politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1907-08
- Jean Lesperance (b. 1965), Canadian professional hockey player
- David Ovide L'Espérance (1864-1941), Canadian manufacturer and political figure in Quebec
- Sylvie Lespérance (1954-2006), Canadian politician in Quebec
- Pete Lesperance, Canadian guitarist, singer, songwriter, and producer
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Lesperance Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lesperance Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 November 2015 at 11:05.
on orders of $85 or more