lasalle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lasalle family
The surname lasalle was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south-central France where this distinguished family held a family seat at Montservier, Pélussieu, and Puygermand, and were also members of the aristocracy of that region.
The main line of the family at Pélussieu were elevated to the nobility as the Comtes de Pélussieu and the Marquis de Rochemaure. Another line seated at Auvergne emerged as the Marquis de la Sallé. Junior lines of this family settled in Brittany, Poitou, Bourgogne, Provence, and Languedoc.
Notables of this family were: Antoine de Lasale, French writer, 1386-1462; Robert Cavelier, sieur de La Salle, 1640-1687, explorer, who descended the Mississippi and named the region of its delta Louisiana, in honor Louis XIV; Rene Lasalle, French explorer born 1643 and died in Louisiana in 1687; Comte Antoine Lasalle, French General, 1775-1809.
Jean LaSalle, born in 1672, son of Jean and Marie, was a French soldier for M. De Lormier, that travelled from France to the New World in the 17th century. After arriving in Canada he married Louise Jousset, daughter of Mathurin and Catherine, at Montreal, Quebec on 9th December 1698. 
Early History of the lasalle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lasalle research. Another 28 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1386, 1462, 1640, 1643, 1687, 1775, and 1809 are included under the topic Early lasalle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lasalle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lasallé, Lasalle, Lasall, Lasale, LaSalle, De Lasallé, De Lasalle, Salle and many more.
Early Notables of the lasalle family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was Gadifer de La Salle (1340-1415), French knight and crusader of Poitevine origin who, with Jean de Béthencourt, conquered and explored the Canary Islands for the Kingdom of Castile; Saint Jean-Baptiste de La Salle or John Baptist de La Salle (1651-1719), French priest, educational reformer, and founder of the Institute of the Brothers...
Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lasalle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lasalle migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lasalle Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Pierre LaSalle with his wife Elisabeth who settled in Carolina in 1695
lasalle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Bautista Lasalle, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1816 
- Pedro Lasalle, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816 
- Emilie LaSalle, who settled in New Orleans La. in 1822
- Joseph Lasalle, who settled in New York state in 1822
lasalle migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lasalle Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Mr. Simon Lasalle, French settler travelling to Canada for work arriving on 28th March 1665 
- Mr. Simon Lasalle, French settler travelling to Canada for work arriving on 3rd April 1665 
Contemporary Notables of the name lasalle (post 1700) +
- Vilayna Lasalle, American contemporary model
- Jacob Lasalle, American co-founder of Lasalle & Koch Co. or Lasalle's, a department store in Toledo, Ohio in 1865
- Denise LaSalle (1939-2018), born Ora Denise Allen, and American blues and R&B/soul singer, songwriter, and record producer, "Queen of the Blues"
- Eriq La Salle (b. 1962), American Golden Globe Award nominated and three-time Primetime Emmy Award nominated actor, known for his work on ER (1994-2009) and One Hour Photo (2002)
- Jon G. LaSalle, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1976; Chair of Marquette County Democratic Party, 2003 
- Antoine Charles Louis de Lasalle (1775-1809), French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Jacques Lasalle (b. 1963), French Canadian actor, known for Le cheval de bataille
- Roch La Salle PC (1928-2007), Canadian politician who represented the riding of Joliette in the Canadian House of Commons
- Jules Lasalle (b. 1957), Canadian sculptor living and working in Montreal, known for his commemorative monuments
- Ferdinand Lasalle (1825-1864), German social democrat
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Debien, Gabriel. Liste Des Engagés Pour Le Canada Au XVIIe Siècle. Vol. 6, Laval University, 1952. (Retreived 24th May 2018). Retrieved from https://lebloguedeguyperron.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/130-liste-des-contrats-dengagement-pour-la-nouvelle-france-releves-a-la-rochelle-entre-1634-et-1679/
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 15) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, March 30) Antoine Lasalle. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html