Early Origins of the laire family
The surname laire was first found in Brittany
, originally Armorica in ancient times, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dol and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the laire family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our laire research.Another 178 words (13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early laire History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
laire Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Delair, de Lair, Lair, Laire, Layre, des Laires, Delierre, Lierre, Lier, Daire, Dayre, Dayres, Dayras, Dairat and many more.
Early Notables of the laire family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early laire Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the laire family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
laire Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mathilde Laire, aged 25, who settled in America from Paris, in 1903
- Paul Laire, aged 15, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Joseph Laire, aged 14, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Louise Laire, aged 59, who landed in America, in 1904
- William R. Laire, aged 58, who settled in America, in 1905
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
laire Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Etienne Laire, who arrived in Montreal in 1653