Lague History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Lague is a patronymic name; it is derived from the given name Adigari, a Germanic personal name. It means "noble spear." Such militaristic names were quite popular in the Middle Ages, which was an era of almost permanent warfare in Europe. The formulation of the surname started as L'ardigari, which was shortened and corrupted over time to the current version of the name.
Early Origins of the Lague family
The surname Lague was first found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where this impressive family held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Lague family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lague research. Another 211 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1290, 1335, 1371, 1400, 1561, 1600, 1791, and 1809 are included under the topic Early Lague History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lague Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lagier, Lagiez, Lagié, Lagiée, Lagiait, Lagiais, Lagiaies, Lagiay, Lagiest, Lagiet, Lagyer, Lagyez, Lagyé, Lagyée, Lagyait, Lagyais, Lagyaies, Lagyay, Lagyest and many more.
Early Notables of the Lague family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lague Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lague migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lague Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lase Lague, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860 
Lague migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Lague Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mr. William Lague, British Convict who was convicted in Worcester, England for 14 years, transported aboard the "Asia" on 25th April 1840, arriving in Tasmania (Van Diemen's Land) 
Contemporary Notables of the name Lague (post 1700) +
- Eli George Lague (1881-1960), American Republican politician, Candidate for Connecticut State House of Representatives from Griswold, 1930 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Convict Records Voyages to Australia (Retrieved 17th January 2020). Retrieved from https://convictrecords.com.au/ships/asia/1840
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html