lage History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lage family
The surname lage was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands, whose principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. These were the locations of the seats of the old Counts of Holland, and so Brederode Castle near Haarlem, is the seat of one of the oldest families. There are many old and quaint towns in the province, including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In the later history of the surname, the family became a power unto itself and its members were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the lage family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lage research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lage History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lage Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lage, Lagge, Lagges, Lages, Laage, Laages, Laggs, Lags, Lâge, de Lage, van der Lage and many more.
Early Notables of the lage family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early lage Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lage migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lage Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Georg Jos Lage, who landed in America in 1835 
- Georg Joseph Lage, who settled in America in 1836
- James Lage, aged 24, who arrived in Missouri in 1840 
- Carl Lage, who arrived in New York in 1849
- Anna Lage, who settled in Texas in 1852
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
lage Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- August Lage, who settled in Iowa in 1904
- Else Christine Lage, who settled in New York, NY in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name lage (post 1700) +
- Julian Lage (b. 1988), American Jazz guitarist, a child prodigy, he began performing at the age of six
- Lawrence J. Lage, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from Oakland County 5th District, 1961 
- Klaus Lage (b. 1950), German musician
- Carlos Lage Dávila (b. 1951), Cuban politician
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html