on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French lagasse family come from? What is the French lagasse family crest and coat of arms? When did the lagasse family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the lagasse family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lagace, Lagacé, Lagache, Lagasse, Gache, Gaché, Gaches, Gachet, Gachon, Lagacée and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lagasse research. Another 84 words(6 lines of text) covering the years 1523, 1552, 1563, 1585, 1596, 1604, 1798, 1806, 1814, 1850, 1854, 1855, 1866, 1871, and 1880 are included under the topic Early lagasse History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 192 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lagasse Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lagasse Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henri Lagasse, aged 67, who emigrated to the United States from Puylament, in 1898
lagasse Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- J. Lagasse, aged 59, who settled in America, in 1906
- Samuel Lagasse, aged 42, who emigrated to the United States, in 1912
- Henry Lagasse, who landed in America, in 1916
- Ernestine Lagasse, aged 23, who emigrated to America from LePuy, France, in 1916
- Pierre Charles Lagasse, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1918
lagasse Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Henri Lagasse, aged 26, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1916
- Emeril John Lagasse (b. 1959), American celebrity chef, restaurateur, television personality, and cookbook author, best known for his expression "Kick it up a notch!"
- Scott Lagasse Jr. (b. 1981), American race car driver on the NASCAR Series circuit
- Timothy Lagasse, American two-time Daytime Emmy Award nominated puppeteer, puppet designer, and filmmaker
- Scott Lagasse Sr. (b. 1959), American former race car driver
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The lagasse Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The lagasse Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 December 2012 at 20:34.
on orders of $85 or more