labranche History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the labranche family
The surname labranche was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dijonnais and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the labranche family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our labranche research.Another 115 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early labranche History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
labranche Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Branche, Labranche, Branca, Branque, Brancard, Brancas, Branchet, Branquet, Brancher and many more.
Early Notables of the labranche family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early labranche Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the labranche family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
labranche Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Herman LaBranche, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States, in 1919
labranche Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Francois Labranche, who arrived in Canada in 1636, aboard the ship, Saint-Jehan
- Charles Labranche, who settled in Montreal in 1688
labranche Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jean Labranche, who was married in Quebec in 1709
- Thomas Labranche, who was married in Berther, Quebec in 1712
- Joseph Labranche, who was married in Baie-Saint-Paul, Quebec in 1732
- Madeleine Labranche, who arrived in Quebec in 1756
Contemporary Notables of the name labranche (post 1700)
- George ML LaBranche, founder of LaBranche & Co. stock trading company with his son George M.L. LaBranche Jr. in New York, in 1924
- Bill Labranche, who has written much on Irish Canadians
- Anita Labranche, Quebecois poet
- Charles Auguste Labranche, Québécois poet who lives in Sherbrooke
- Jacques Labranche, Canadian politician, the first mayor of Saint-Raymond, Quebec, in 1845
labranche Family Crest Products