Kunzel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Kunzel family
The surname Kunzel was first found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
Early History of the Kunzel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kunzel research. Another 136 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Kunzel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kunzel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
Early Notables of the Kunzel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kunzel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kunzel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kunzel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Kunzel, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1732
Kunzel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francis Kunzel, who settled in Allegany County in 1841
- Francis Kunzel, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1841 
- Ferdinand Kunzel, who landed in Arkansas in 1872 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)