100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Kunz family come from? What is the German Kunz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kunz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kunz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
First found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kunz research. Another 271 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Kunz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kunz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kunz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Katherine Kunz arrived in America in 1732
- Felix Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1734
- Klihans Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1734
- Johann Jost Kunz came to Pennsylvania in 1737
- Caspar Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1738
Kunz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henri Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Catharine Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Anthon Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Maria Kunz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Nikolaus Kunz, who arrived in Brazil in 1828
- Stanley H. Kunz (1864-1946), American politician
- George Frederick Kunz (1856-1932), American mineralogist
- George Kunz (b. 1947), American NFL football player
- Edward Cory "Eddie" Kunz (b. 1986), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Earl Kunz (1898-1963), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Drew Kunz (b. 1969), American poet and artist
- Charles "Charlie" Kunz Kunz (1896-1958), American-born British pianist
- Diane Bernstein Kunz (b. 1952), American author, historian, and lawyer
- Rudolf Kunz, German motorcycle road racer
- Rudibert Kunz (b. 1943), German investigator, journalist and television editor
- The Family of Dorothea E. Rueter and Christian David Kunz by Gerdena E. Rosenow Koehler.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Kunz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kunz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 May 2012 at 09:14.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!