100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
First found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kunz research. Another 271 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Kunz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kunz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kunz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Katherine Kunz arrived in America in 1732
- Felix Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1734
- Klihans Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1734
- Johann Jost Kunz came to Pennsylvania in 1737
- Caspar Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1738
Kunz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henri Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Catharine Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Anthon Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Maria Kunz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Nikolaus Kunz, who arrived in Brazil in 1828
- Stanley H. Kunz (1864-1946), American politician
- George Frederick Kunz (1856-1932), American mineralogist
- George Kunz (b. 1947), American NFL football player
- Edward Cory "Eddie" Kunz (b. 1986), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Earl Kunz (1898-1963), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Drew Kunz (b. 1969), American poet and artist
- Charles "Charlie" Kunz Kunz (1896-1958), American-born British pianist
- Diane Bernstein Kunz (b. 1952), American author, historian, and lawyer
- Rudolf Kunz, German motorcycle road racer
- Rudibert Kunz (b. 1943), German investigator, journalist and television editor
- The Family of Dorothea E. Rueter and Christian David Kunz by Gerdena E. Rosenow Koehler.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
The Kunz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kunz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 May 2012 at 09:14.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!