on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Kuntz family come from? What is the German Kuntz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kuntz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kuntz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
First found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kuntz research. Another 271 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Kuntz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kuntz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kuntz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Koenraet Kuntz, who landed in New York in 1709
- Johannes Kuntz, who landed in New York, NY in 1710
- Matheus Kuntz, who landed in New York, NY in 1710
- Matheus Kuntz, who arrived in New York City in 1710 along with Johannes Kuntz, Jost Kuntz, and Jacob Kuntz
- George Michael Kuntz, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1727
Kuntz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Kuntz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1821
- Adam Kuntz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1837
- John Kuntz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
- Francis Kuntz, aged 28, landed in Missouri in 1846
- Doroth Marg Kuntz, aged 60, arrived in Brazil in 1848
- Roger Kuntz (1926-1975), American landscape painter
- Tom Kuntz (b. 1972), American Emmy Award winning filmmaker and commercial maker
- Thomas Kuntz (b. 1965), American multi-media artist
- Russell Jay "Rusty" Kuntz (b. 1955), American former Major League Baseball designated hitter and outfielder
- Andy Kuntz (b. 1962), German progressive metal singer
- Stefan Kuntz (b. 1962), former German professional footballer
- Bobby Kuntz (1932-2011), Canadian professional CFL football linebacker
- Alan Kuntz (1919-1987), Canadian professional NHL ice hockey player
- Murray Kuntz (b. 1945), Canadian former professional NHL ice hockey right winger
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
The Kuntz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kuntz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 September 2015 at 11:52.
on orders of $85 or more