Kunde History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Kunde family
The surname Kunde was first found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
Important Dates for the Kunde family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kunde research. Another 136 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Kunde History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kunde Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
Early Notables of the Kunde family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kunde Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kunde migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Kunde Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Kunde Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Kunde, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1850 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kunde (post 1700)
- Virgil G. Kunde, American scientist with NASA
- Anne Kunde (1895-1960), American actress
- Gregory Kunde (b. 1954), American operatic tenor
- Karl-Heinz Kunde (1938-2018), German racing cyclist
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)