Kumar History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Kumar family
The surname Kumar was first found in Silesia, where the name gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Kumar family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kumar research. Another 138 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1584, 1670, 1854, and 1869 are included under the topic Early Kumar History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kumar Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Komar, Komer, Kommer, Komanauzky, Jasinski, Ckomanski, Komarnaiki, Komarzewski, Kommerstadt, Komorowski, Kometer and many more.
Early Notables of the Kumar family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kumar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kumar World Ranking
In the United States, the name Kumar is the 5,154th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name.  However, in Canada, the name Kumar is ranked the 660th most popular surname with an estimated 7,889 people with that name.  And in Australia, the name Kumar is the 351st popular surname with an estimated 10,255 people with that name.  New Zealand ranks Kumar as 155th with 3,259 people. 
Migration of the Kumar family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Burly Komer, who arrived in New York in 1832; Christian Kommer, who settled in North America in 1844; Anna Komer, who came to New York, NY in 1848; John Komar, who came to Ashtabula Co., OH sometime between 1875 and 1906.
Contemporary Notables of the name Kumar (post 1700) +
- Raj Kumar, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 19th District, 1978 
- K. V. Kumar, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Arizona, 2008 
- P. R. Krishna Kumar (1951-2020), Indian ayurvedic physician and the founder of the AVP Research Foundation
- Reghu Kumar (1953-2014), noted music composer from Kerala, India
- Narendra Kumar Swain (1939-2020), Indian politician from Odisha state
- Mr. Manoj Kumar Badale O.B.E. (b. 1967), British Chair for British Asian Trust, was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire on 8th June 2018 for services to the Economy and to charity 
- Sushanta Kumar Bhattacharyya CBE, FRS, FREng, FIMechE (1940-2019), Baron Bhattacharyya, a British-Indian engineer, educator and government advisor
- Kamlesh Kumar Patel OBE (b. 1960), Baron Patel of Bradford, a British politician and member of the House of Lords
- Surindar Kumar Trehan (1931-2004), Indian mathematician who specialised in Non-linear stability in magnetohydrodynamics
- Ashok Kumar Banker (b. 1964), Indian author and former journalist from Mumbai
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/surnames/
- ^ https://forebears.io/australia/surnames
- ^ https://forebears.io/new-zealand/surnames
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62507, 28 December 2018 | London Gazette, The Gazette, Dec. 2018, www.thegazette.co.uk/honours-lists