Kuchar History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: German
The Kuchar surname is derived from the Polish word "kucharz," which was derived from the occupational
name which meant "cook."
Early Origins of the Kuchar family
The surname Kuchar was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. Wolczyn was the seat of the Czartoryski family. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Kuchar family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kuchar research.Another 304 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1408, 1452, 1500, 1620, 1648, and 1697 are included under the topic Early Kuchar History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kuchar Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Kucharski, Kukarski, Kuekzkowski, Kuezuk, Kurcewski and many more.
Early Notables of the Kuchar family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kuchar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kuchar family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kuchar Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Bohumil Kuchar, who settled in Galveston, TX in 1907
Contemporary Notables of the name Kuchar (post 1700)
- Mike Kuchar (b. 1942), American underground filmmaker and actor
- George Kuchar (b. 1942), American film director
- Matthew Gregory Kuchar (b. 1978), American professional golfer
- Tomasz "Józef" Kuchar (b. 1976), Polish, rally driver
- Tadeusz Kuchar (1891-1966), Polish athlete, soccer player, swimmer, ice-skater, skier and sports official
- Wac³aw Micha³ Kuchar (1897-1981), Polish sports champion, Olympian, and multiple soccer, track and field and ice skating champion of the country
- Dennis Lawrence Kuchar (b. 1956), cardiologist based in Sydney, Australia
Kuchar Family Crest Products