Kubiak History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Kubiak surname is comes from the root Kuba, which is a short form of the first name Jakub.
Early Origins of the Kubiak family
The surname Kubiak was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. Wolczyn was the seat of the Czartoryski family. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Kubiak family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kubiak research.Another 83 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1833 is included under the topic Early Kubiak History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kubiak Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Kubik, Kubach, Kubec, Kubicki, Kubecki, Kubiceck, Kuba and many more.
Early Notables of the Kubiak family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kubiak Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kubiak family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kubiak Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andreas Kubiak, aged 33, who landed in America from Solec, Germany, in 1910
- Anastasia Kubiak, aged 15, who emigrated to the United States from Alsksandrowo, Russia, in 1912
- Androig Kubiak, aged 25, who settled in America from Grabinca, Russia, in 1913
- Adam Kubiak, aged 24, who emigrated to America from Cionzin, Russia, in 1913
- Agnieska Kubiak, aged 30, who landed in America from Lartin, Russia, in 1913
Contemporary Notables of the name Kubiak (post 1700)
- L. B. Kubiak (b. 1945), American politician and veterinarian who served as a Democrat in the Texas House of Representatives
- Theodore Rodger Kubiak (b. 1942), American former switch-hitting Major League Baseball infielder
- Gary Wayne Kubiak (b. 1961), American head coach for the Houston Texans
- Zygmunt Kubiak (1929-2004), Polish writer, essayist and translator
- Ryszard Kubiak (1950-1972), Polish rower who competed at the 1972, 1976 and 1980 Summer Olympics
Kubiak Family Crest Products