The Kubacki surname is comes from the root Kuba, which is a short form of the first name Jakub.
Early Origins of the Kubacki family
The surname Kubacki was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. Wolczyn was the seat of the Czartoryski family. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Kubacki family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kubacki research.Another 269 words (19 lines of text) covering the year 1833 is included under the topic Early Kubacki History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kubacki Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Kubik, Kubach, Kubec, Kubicki, Kubecki, Kubiceck, Kuba and many more.
Early Notables of the Kubacki family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kubacki Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kubacki family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kubacki Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Franciszek Kubacki, aged 43, who emigrated to the United States from Dubicszya, Austria, in 1906
- Fguacy Kubacki, aged 20, who settled in America from Gliscy, Russia, in 1910
- Alexander Kubacki, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Zeskowa, Russia, in 1911
- Antoni Kubacki, aged 35, who landed in America from Lengocin, Russia, in 1911
- Franc Kubacki, aged 44, who landed in America from Tuliszkowo, Russia, in 1913
Contemporary Notables of the name Kubacki (post 1700)
- Rebecca Kubacki, American politician, Republican member of the Indiana House of Representatives
- Rafal Kubacki (b. 1967), Polish three-time gold, two-time silver and six-time bronze medalist judoka