Kowalik History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Kowalik family
The surname Kowalik was first found in East Prussia, where the name Kowalski was a royal house in what was originally Poland but passed through history from Prussia to Czechoslovakia and back to Polish. The name gained a reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society in Silesia. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status. The name originated as an occupational name for a blacksmith.
Early History of the Kowalik family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kowalik research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kowalik History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kowalik Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kowalski, Kovak, Kowak, Kowal, Koval, Kovalski, Kovalyov, Kovach, Kovats, Kowalsky, Kovac, Kofax, Kowahl and many more.
Early Notables of the Kowalik family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kowalik Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kowalik family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Antonia Kowalski, who came from the port of Bremen to New York in 1868; Carl Kowalski, who arrived in Baltimore in 1868; Ernestine Kowalski, who arrived in New York in 1873.
|Contemporary Notables of the name Kowalik (post 1700) ||+|
- Trent Matthias Kowalik (b. 1995), American actor, dancer, and singer, best known for his role as "Billy" in the West End production of Billy Elliot the Musical
- John F. Kowalik Sr. (1910-1978), American college and professional football player who played for the Ottawa Rough Riders in 1934
- Fabian Lorenz Kowalik (1908-1954), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played from 1932 to 1936
- Lon W. Kowalik, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Michigan 7th District, 1948 
- Marlena Kowalik (b. 1984), Polish-German football midfielder, Member of the Polish national team (2009-)
- Miroslaw Kowalik, Polish motorcycle speedway rider
- Jiri Kowalík (b. 1977), retired Czech footballer
- Janusz "John" Kowalik (b. 1944), Polish football striker