Koopmans History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Koopmans family
The surname Koopmans was first found in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands
. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the Counts of Holland, one of the oldest groups of families in that area. They held a family seat
at Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Koopmans family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koopmans research.Another 82 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1647, 1693 and 1262 are included under the topic Early Koopmans History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koopmans Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Coopman, Koopman, Coopmann, Coopeman, Cooppman, Coopmane, Coopmanes, Coopmanns, Coopmanne, van Coop, Coop and many more.
Early Notables of the Koopmans family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Koopmans Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Koopmans family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koopmans Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Boukje Koopmans, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Utrecht, Holland, in 1907
- Doudyk Koopmans, aged 22, who settled in America from Roordahuizum, Holland, in 1911
- Abe Koopmans, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States from Leemnardon, Holland, in 1911
- Alde Koopmans, aged 29, who settled in America from Lwyndrecht, Holland, in 1911
- Albert Koopmans, aged 3, who landed in America from Amsterdam, Holland, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Koopmans (post 1700)
- Rinse Koopmans (1770-1826), Dutch Mennonite teacher and minister
- Aart Koopmans (1946-2007), Dutch businessman, president of the Dutch winter speed skating marathon organisation, founder of the Alternative Elfstedentocht
- Gerardus Peter Jan Koopmans (b. 1962), former Dutch politician from Velden, recipient of the Knight of the Order of Orange-Nassau (2012)
- Tjalling Charles Koopmans (1910-1985), Dutch joint winner of the 1975 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences
- Leo Donald Koopmans (b. 1953), Canadian international ice hockey forward who plays in the Netherlands
Koopmans Family Crest Products